Logo Support This Project


InFASTA is a open-source software developed in C++ with wxWidgets as GUI framework, that allows the manipulation of FASTA files. The present version (0.1) is a beta release with some simple functions, such as splitting a multiFASTA file in single ones, merging single files in a multiFASTA and splitting a large singleFASTA file in two smaller sequences.

InFASTA is distributed under GPL, so open-source. If you are interested in develop functions to InFASTA just send me an email or join the project on sourceforge.

No formal documentation exists to date. A README file is being developed, as long as installation instructions and a CHM help.

If you donate to support the project 80% of the money will go to charity (the other 20% will be donated to wxWidgets, but this is not automatic from

Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) 10%  
KDE.ORG 20%  
Open Source Initiative (OSI) 30% 20%

Any comments suggestions and problems please send an email to


To download Windows and Linux version 0.1 from sourceforge click here.

Windows installation is straightforward, using a setup file. Linux compilation needs wxWidgets 2.4.2 compiled in the target machine. A stand-alone version for Linux is available upon request.

If you want to receive information about new versions and updates, please enter your name and email in the boxes below. Thanks.

Your Name:

Your Email:

Last updated December 12, 2004